What is SI?
Cal Poly's Summer Institute (SI) is an academic orientation program held annually for newly admitted freshmen. Through SI, you will have the opportunity to participate in a three-week residential program geared at helping you make a successful transition from high school to college. This year's program is scheduled for Sunday, July 26 - Friday, August 21, 2020.
*As precautions increase to protect your health and well-being due to COVID-19, it is important to note that Summer Institute may not take place. The EOP department continues to follow guidelines and restrictions given to San Luis Obispo County. Please check your emails from us, as we will be updating the status of this program to you all through this platform. We will provide you all with our decision, no later than May 2nd. We ask that you still apply to SI in the meantime. Deadline to sign up for SI is May 22.*
Summer Institute will provide you with a mini-quarter of academic and social activities which will undoubtedly put you on the right track for a successful transition to Cal Poly. Whether you are interested in Summer Institute for personal or academic reasons, we are certain that you will benefit from this experience. Summer institute will offer you:
- Six units of courses, which will put you a step ahead for fall quarter.
- An Ethnic Studies course which satisfies GE D1 requirement.
- Opportunities to become familiar with the campus and its services.
- Participation in social activities.
- Connections with academic advisors, faculty, and students in your field of study.
- Study skills which will help you realign your current study habits to meet college level demands.
- On-campus living experiences.
- Chances to get to know the SLO community before fall quarter.