What is SI?
Summer Institute Dates:
Cal Poly's Summer Institute (SI) is an academic orientation program held annually for newly admitted freshmen. Through SI, you will have the opportunity to participate in a three-week residential program geared at helping you make a successful transition from high school to college. This year's program is scheduled for July 22 through August 15, 2018.
Summer Institute will provide you with a mini-quarter of academic and social activities which will undoubtedly put you on the right track for a successful transition to Cal Poly. Whether you are interested in Summer Institute for personal or academic reasons, we are certain that you will benefit from this experience. Summer institute will offer you:
- Six units of courses, which will put you a step ahead for fall quarter.
- A general Psychology course which satisfies GE D4 requirement.
- Opportunities to become familiar with the campus and its services.
- Participation in social activities.
- Connections with academic advisors, faculty, and students in your field of study.
- Study skills which will help you realign your current study habits to meet college level demands.
- On-campus living experiences.
- Chances to get to know the SLO community before fall quarter.