What is SI?
Cal Poly's Summer Institute (SI) is a mandatory academic and residential orientation program held annually for newly admitted EOP first years. This program is geared at helping you make a successful transition from high school to college and provide you with opportunities for academic and personal growth. This year's in-person program is scheduled for Sunday, July 25 - Friday, August 20, 2021.
- Registration: The SI Link can be found in your EOP Contract. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FAFSA: Please note you are required to submit 2020 - 2021 FAFSA* (this is based on your 2018 taxes).
- AB 540 / Dream Act Students do not need to file the 2020 - 2021 FAFSA. We will be utilizing your 2021 - 2022 CA Dream Act Application.
Summer Institute will provide you with a mini-quarter of academic and social activities which will undoubtedly put you on the right track for a successful transition to Cal Poly. Whether you are interested in Summer Institute for personal or academic reasons, we are certain that you will benefit from this experience.
Summer institute will offer you:
- Five units of courses, which will put you a step ahead for fall quarter.
- An Ethnic Studies course which satisfies a GE requirement.
- Opportunities to become familiar with the campus and its services.
- Participation in social activities.
- Connections with academic advisors, faculty, and students in your field of study.
- Study skills which will help you realign your current study habits to meet college level demands.
- On-campus living experiences.
- Chances to get to know the SLO community before fall quarter.