How to Apply
To apply for the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP), you must first apply to Cal Poly using the online CSU Undergraduate Admissions Application, which is available at the Cal State Apply website. In addition to submitting an application, you must complete the entire EOP portion of the application, which includes five autobiographical questions and two recommendation forms.You may use the EOP Applicant Worksheet to help you prepare you for the application. Students applying for EOP services are also required to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act (DreamAct).
Step 1: Apply for admission to Cal Poly
- Apply for admission electronically at Cal State Apply.
- Be sure to mark "Yes" on the Cal State Apply Application to apply for EOP services.
Step 2: Apply to the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP)
You are encouraged to read the EOP Information on the CSU website. Included in the application process, you will provide the contact information to have two online EOP Recommendation Forms sent out. This is an opportunity to have two recommenders such as counselors, teachers, community members, employers, or any individuals comment about your potential to succeed in college. These electronic forms should NOT be completed by a family member or by the EOP applicant.
- Submit the online EOP Application (no additional fee required) prior to November 30th.
- Through the EOP application, provide the email addresses for two recommendations, one of which must be from an academic professional. EOP Recommendations are due by January 31st.
- Proof of income may be required. Do not submit any documentation to EOP unless requested.
Step 3: Apply for Financial Aid 2023-2024 at Cal Poly
Application for Financial Aid is a separate process from the EOP and general admission process. In order to best prepare to fill out the FAFSA, we suggest you review the FAFSA Overview site.
- All EOP applicants must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act for 2023-2024 between October 1, 2023 and March 2, 2024 for priority grant consideration.
- Don't forget to list the Cal Poly code 001143 on your FAFSA.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.