How to Apply
The deadline to apply for EOP is November 30th, 2017
To apply for the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP), you must first apply to Cal Poly using the online CSU Undergraduate Admissions Application available at the Cal State Apply web site. In addition to submitting an application, you must complete the EOP portion of the application, including the five autobiographical questions and a recommendation form. Students applying for EOP services are also required to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act (DreamAct).
Step 1: Apply for admission to Cal Poly
- Apply for admission electronically at Cal State Apply.
- Be sure to mark "Yes" on the Cal State Apply Application to apply for EOP services.
- Use the EOP link to access the EOP application and submit.
Step 2: Apply to the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP)
You are encouraged to read the EOP Information on the CSU website. Included in the application process is an online EOP Recommendation Form. This is an opportunity to have a counselor, teacher, community member, employer, or any individual who can comment about your potential to succeed in college. This form should NOT be completed by a family member or by the EOP applicant.
- Submit the online EOP Application (no additional fee required) prior to November 30th, 2017.
- Provide the email address of a counselor, teacher, community member, or employer for the online EOP Recommendation Form. EOP Recommendations are due by January 31st, 2018.
- Proof of income may be required. Do not submit any documentation unless requested.
Step 3: Apply for Financial Aid 2018-2019 at Cal Poly
Application for Financial Aid is a separate process from the EOP and general admission process. In order to best prepare to fill out the FAFSA, we suggest you review the FAFSA Overview site.
- All EOP applicants must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act for 2018-2019 between October 1, 2017 and March 2, 2018 for priority consideration.
- Don't forget to list the Cal Poly code 001143 on your FAFSA.
Step 4: Take the CSU EPT/ELM Placement Tests
If you have not taken a college level English and/or Math class, you are required to take the English Placement Test (EPT) and/or the Entry Level Math (ELM) test.
- For more information about these tests, visit http://www.ets.org/csu/about.
- All 23 CSU campuses administer the EPT and the ELM. For test dates refer to the information at https://ept-elm.ets.org/CSU/pages/student/login/StudentLogin.jsf.
If you have any questions, please call our office at 805-756-2301.