Male advisor talking to students


How to Apply

Please Note: The deadline to apply for EOP has been extended to December 15th, 2018 due to the CSU application extension 

Fall 2019

To apply for the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP), you must first apply to Cal Poly using the online CSU Undergraduate Admissions Application available at the Cal State Apply web site. In addition to submitting an application, you must complete the EOP portion of the application, including the five autobiographical questions and a recommendation form. Students applying for EOP services are also required to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act (DreamAct).

Step 1: Apply for admission to Cal Poly

  • Apply for admission electronically at Cal State Apply.
  • Be sure to mark "Yes" on the Cal State Apply Application to apply for EOP services.
  • Use the EOP link to access the EOP application and submit.

Step 2: Apply to the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP)

You are encouraged to read the EOP Information on the CSU website. Included in the application process is an online EOP Recommendation Form. This is an opportunity to have a counselor, teacher, community member, employer, or any individual who can comment about your potential to succeed in college. This form should NOT be completed by a family member or by the EOP applicant.

  • Submit the online EOP Application (no additional fee required) prior to December 15th, 2018.
  • Provide the email address of a counselor, teacher, community member, or employer for the online EOP Recommendation Form. EOP Recommendations are due by January 31st, 2019.
  • Proof of income may be required. Do not submit any documentation unless requested.

Step 3: Apply for Financial Aid 2019-2020 at Cal Poly

Application for Financial Aid is a separate process from the EOP and general admission process. In order to best prepare to fill out the FAFSA, we suggest you review the FAFSA Overview site.

Step 4: Take the CSU EPT/ELM Placement Tests

If you have not taken a college level English and/or Math class, you are required to take the English Placement Test (EPT) and/or the Entry Level Math (ELM) test.

If you have any questions, please call our office at 805-756-2301.


Back to top

Related Content